- 1 teaspoon chamomile herb
- 1 cup of hot water
what to do
- Add a teaspoon of chamomile herb to a cup of hot water and let it soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Rub and let cool for some time.
- Dip a clean towel in this tea and gently wrap it around leg ulcers.
- Let it rest overnight.
How many times should you do this
- You can do this once a day.
why does this work
Recent studies have concluded that chamomile extract can facilitate complete healing of open wounds. It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation and swelling around leg ulcers, while its antibacterial properties help fight and prevent infection.
These remedies are the safest options for treating leg ulcers. You can also take precautions to prevent these ulcers from developing again. These are the ones discussed below.
- Keep track of your weight
- Keep your legs elevated from time to time
- Wear compression stockings at all times, except during sleep
- Avoid standing or sitting on a stretch
- Enjoying gentle exercise and walking daily
- Control your blood sugar levels as leg ulcers can also be caused by diabetes
Following these basic tips will prove to be beneficial for you in the long run. Leg ulcers can become quite hideous and severe if left untreated. Therefore, it is important to treat them in time to avoid complications. Below are some side effects that can arise when leg ulcers do not heal.